Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Green roofs at the Biosphere

-Way back when (over 10 years ago) I had an internship at Biosphere 2. It was a fantastic experience that influenced my career path and ambitions more than anything to date. So imagine my delight to learn about their current green roof research. In the industry, there is a dearth of information concerning appropriate materials and assemblies in arid green roof environments and Arizona is the perfect place to do research!

-What will be eating in 2050? If I were a betting man, I would double down on "micro-farming". Relatively low tech and inexpensive as well, I hope Western taste buds will be up for the challenge?

-Seton Hall University has started it's own permaculture design certificate program.. The first in New Jersey and the first, as far as I am aware, in the tri-state region. But you don't have to be enrolled at Seton Hall to join the movement. The National Student Food Center
is looking for more students to voice their opinions and assist in developing the national student food movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment