Thursday, April 7, 2011

A community cannery guidebook

Slowly, but surely the numbers of folks reading the blog is increasing. Is it the writing or the weather? Either way, it sounds good to me.

-Toronto's West End Food Co-op released a community cannery guidebook, Canada's first and when I get my hands on it, I'll let you know if it's the best as well.

-Also out last week was a report which illuminates the canyon between rules and reality for farm workers in the USA. That children as young as 12 are legally allowed to farm, although it's one of the most dangerous occupations!

A quick continental farming roundup...if you're in Buffalo 2 hours a week gets you free vegetables at Coldspringfarm. In Vancouver you'll need to join a waiting list, unless a garden comes with your condo unit. In Toronto I've been made aware that shares are available at a newish CSA called Plowshare Farm. Those in Guelph and Orangeville can join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment