Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nuts!

Great article about an expanding wild edible empire. More and more I've seen products from Forbes Natural Foods popping up at farmer's markets. This dude is the dude. As a child I would try to eat beech nuts from a tree in our backyard, to no avail because of the tannins (I now learn). But, if you chase a link from the article it says you can soak them for a bit then maybe make a pesto. I'm all about pesto. Sun-dried tomato pesto. Nasturium pesto. Now beech nut pesto? Skip spring and summer, bring on the fall and beech nut season!!!

Want a great tree for a forest garden? How about some nuts? Should we add beech to the list?

Permaculture guru Geoff Lawton talks about how permaculture can be used to help Haiti.

And because I had a five year old ask me today, here's how mushroom are produced?



Thanks youtube for helping us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment